PDF version of the GEN II specification sheet.
FLITELite GEN II Dual Sensor Pilot Light. The RED LED is night vision friendly, but should not be used in the night vision goggle environment. The RED LEDs produce a brighter light at maximum brightness since it is filtered with a clear LEXAN polymer screen. This light is popular with general aviation aircrew.
FLITELite comes complete with:
- GEN II FLITELite unit, computer controlled, dual sensor pilot light available in:
- NVIS White
- Headset or Helmet Adapter (new adapters are free, only shipping is charged)
- AAA Battery Pack
- Optional AA Battery Pack
- Optional Coin Cell Pack
- Attachment accessories
- AAA Batteries
Aviators that use Bose, David Clark, Lightspeed, or other headsets and helmets will appreciate the custom fit of the FLITELite adapter system.
GEN II accommodates pilots with headsets with shorter booms with incorporation of an 11 degree light angle. Longer booms can easily put the light in the proper position, now shorter booms can as well.
FLITELite GEN II microprocessor receives information from two sensors, the rear sensor faces the mouth and the front sensor activated by the finger:
- The rear sensor controls on and off functions, with a simple touch of the lip, the light turns on or off.
- Battery life is protected by a computer controlled sixty minute auto-off.
- The front sensor drives the brightness of the light. Touching the front sensor places the light to min bright to protect night vision, then slowly cycles to full bright.
- The computer places this brightness setting into memory, and recalls the lighting level the next time the light is turned on.
- Removing battery power clears the light memory.
- The light is through a non-glare LEXAN filter on Red, Green, and Soft-White versions.
Internal components are the highest quality, FLITELite is made in America. Design flexibility is achieved by using a specially designed circuit board, the same material used in the Mars Lander. The latest in sensor technology is controlled by proprietary software. All of the components are sealed by a dielectric epoxy to protect your investment before being ultrasonically welded into the case.
FLITELite is perfect for normal and emergency use. During normal operations FLITELite is great for reading charts and approach plates. FLITELite fills in dark spots, improves gauge visibility, and brightens up areas without light such as fuel selectors, etc...During emergency operations, FLITELite makes the electrical failure much less of an event. FLITELite has already logged several saves after electrical failures.
FLITELite GEN II has a number of great improvements. One of them is that the angle on the light was changed from 0 degrees relative to the face of the light to 11.5 degrees. When the pilot adjust the light to point directly ahead, some flexible and wire microphone booms were too short for some pilots heads. We tested, and found that by offsetting the light eleven degrees, we were able to put the light in the proper position for pilots with even the largest craniums.
GEN II Control Demonstration
Please contact FLITELite with any questions.